Marcel R. Coutu
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Director since: July 28, 2014
Mr. Coutu was the Chairman of Syncrude Canada Ltd. (integrated oil sands project) from 2003 to 2014 and was the President and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Oil Sands Limited from 2001 until January 2014. From 1999 to 2001, he was Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Gulf Canada Resources Limited. Prior to 1999, Mr. Coutu held various executive positions with TransCanada PipeLines Limited and positions in the areas of corporate finance, investment banking and mining and oil and gas exploration and development. Mr. Coutu holds an HBSc (Bachelor of Science, Honours Earth Science) and an MBA (Master of Business Administration) from the University of Western Ontario.
- Audit, Finance & Risk
- Human Resources & Compensation
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Special) (as required)
Other Public and Private Board Directorships
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- Power Corporation of Canada
- The Great-West Lifeco Inc.
- IGM Financial Inc.
- Calgary Exhibition and Stampede Board (non-profit)